As a long-time fan of The Food Network, I was really excited to hear about Emeril Green. Featured on the Planet Green Network. Chef Emeril Lagasse explores the world of eco-friendly, delicious cooking and shares every tip he can find with his audience.
Shopping at Whole Foods Market, Emeril is asked about real life culinary challenges by real people. In each episode, Emeril creates easy recipes in order to find healthy, organic solutions to the challenges presented to him. He answers questions such as what foods to eat if you have digestion issues, which fruits and vegetables are known for their cancer fighting capability, and how to have an eco-friendly fiesta. This is a great show to watch if you enjoy educating yourself about shopping and cooking green as well as gaining everyday tips to enhance your lifestyle and well being.
In addition to the appetizing recipes, Emeril delves deeper into eco-friendly food preparation and which foods will actually improve your health based on the needs of the individual posing the question. How can you eat organic on a budget? Is there a way to use less sugar without losing the sweet to make diabetic meals? What recipes can help me lose weight? Watch as the fun and vivacious Emeril answers these questions from start to finish.
Here are some easy tips Emeril reveals on Emeril Green.
• Eating four whole walnuts a day can extensively increase the amount of omega-3 fatty acids in the blood.
• When you buy tofu from the market, rinse it and then store it in the refrigerator at home in fresh, cold water. Changing the water daily will help keep the tofu fresh for up to one week.
• Teens should include at least 3 food sources of vitamin B-12 in their diet every day. Sweet potatoes are a delicious source of this.
• Acai is a great source of antioxidants which can be blended into smoothies and even popsicles.
• Try flavoring biscuits with herbs such as thyme or sage.
Hungry yet? To read up on more tips and recipes from the show visit Emeril’s Recipes on the Planet Green webpage. Planet Green is a Discovery Company focused on encouraging easy and exciting, eco-friendly lifestyles. To get watching, use their channel finder to see if Planet Green is available in your area. Emeril says his philosophy from day one is that he can sleep better at night if he can improve an individual’s knowledge about food and wine, and do it on a daily basis. With Emeril’s help you’ll be a Whole Foods Market mastermind and even better at impressing your friends (and yourself) with his environmentally friendly tips and tricks.
For an added treat from Planet Green, check out the hilarious green shaman.